Sunday, February 12, 2006

What's In Your Handbag?

I found out, after getting home, that I just couldn't zip my handbag close anymore. Stuff was just spilling out of it. Excuse to get new, bigger bag? Buahaha. Well, it's gotta fit:-

Phone - which is huge

Wallet - which is huge. And no, not because i have reams of currency or sacks of coins in it. More of accumulated payment receipts, actually.

Car/house keys - Kinda huge too. I don't know what half those keys do :-D

A tube of Mentos (Ice Mint flavour) - Perfect post-bakuteh fresheners, these.

Yellow Staedtler Textsurfer Classic highlighter (What's this doing here?)

Casio Scientific Calculator, Model fx-570s (What's THIS doing here?)

Laser mouse and its wireless receiver (No, I don't usually carry mice in my handbag.)

Thumbdrive, with lanyard - Nowadays, you don't leave home without your thumbdrive.

Black ballpoint pen, Cross - Someone gave me this before I left to study in the UK, all of 10 years ago. It's amazing how I haven't misplaced it yet.

Zebra Drafix Mechanical Pencil - Geeky-looking one. Had a similar one during my picture-drawing days, of course lost it along the way, and sis bought me a replacement ALL the way from the only Japanese stationery store in San Francisco, CA! :)

Lipstick - L'Oreal, Amazing Coral. Come to think of it, WHAT a name for a colour.

Minyak Angin Cap Kapak, 3 ml - Me is my name, headaches are my game. (Minyak angin is therapeutic, really.)

Piece of paper scrawled with access password to the students' common room - The lock on the door to that room used to be a little cranky. I once closed the door, from the inside, and somehow couldn't get it open again. I had to signal someone walking by (fortunately it was a glass door) to help me open the door from the outside. With the campus having just moved to new premises and all, she didn't know the password, so I had to mime the numbers to her from behind the glass, from memory, hoping that I had the correct figures, because otherwise I would be sitting on the floor throwing randomising devices (e.g. dice) hoping to obtain the correct combination out of 6.76 million possible permutations (26x10x10x10x10x26). Yup, that could easily have turned into a Really Long Day.

What's in your handbag?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a travel bag :D

xch3qr said...

That's no use. I'll only fill it up with more things :D

Zalina Lee said...

Here's MY list:

-Wallet (long bugger, same reason for stuffiness)
-Mobile (not as big as yours!)
-Used tissues (this makes for the bulk)
-Stubby Cross pen
-Unused tissues (packets/loose)
-Receipts
-PDA (now that is bigger than your phone hahahaha....so who's saving space?!)
-Unfinished pack of Fisherman's Friend (it's been there for EVAH!!!)
-lipstick
-lipstick holder with another tube inside
-KEYS!

Solution? Accept the fact no bag will EVER do the job you NEED it to do. So just settle for something pretty and roughly adequate, and ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT!!! ;)

xch3qr said...

oya, unused tissues too. in particular, Coffee Bean, Starbucks, and Sri Paandi Yellow Coloured ones. :-D